• Tips to Sell Your House Fast for the Highest Possible Price •
Thanks to a fervent seller’s market across San Diego, homes are up for grabs an average of only 13 days before getting snatched up by an eager buyer. Good news for sellers, although a market like this can also come with a few pitfalls. Luckily, you have us to show you how you can close on a great deal without sacrificing too much time or peace of mind.
In a seller’s market, your goal is to get multiple offers. Here are some tips to keep them coming:
Prepare Your Home
Think like a buyer! Preparing your home for sale involves taking care of all the little—and big—things that may be deal-breakers or price-droppers in a buyer’s mind.
Here are some things you may want to fix or spruce up to get buyers’ pens moving:
- Landscape. Curb appeal is everything, and a tidy lawn and landscaping is key to attracting enticing offers.
- Fix, refinish, or polish the flooring. This may involve getting rid of carpeting. Many buyers prefer to see a blank, hardwood canvas on which they can envision their own flooring tastes.
- Fine tune the HVAC system. The San Diego sun gets hot. Occasionally, cool mornings or evenings can have a bit too much bite, as well. A well-tuned HVAC system can be a draw for temperature-sensitive buyers.
- Putty and paint. Smooth, neutral walls and trim not only makes a home look great, but also convey a sense of quality, security, and comfort.
Stage Your Home
When you sell with Reali Concierge, cleaning and staging is included, but there’s more you can do to make buyers fall in love with your home — and increase the amount they are willing to pay. Remember, you’re not staging it to your taste. Your goal is to create a nice, neutral setting that allows most buyers to envision themselves building a life in your home.
- Position furniture to highlight open, flowing spaces.
- Sweat the details:
- Flowers that match each room’s dominant colors
- Accent towels and cushions that incorporate your main color schemes
- Lamps, coffee table accents, and artwork that enhance the current style of the room
- Get rid of:
- Personal photos
- Pet accessories
- Quirky décor that may appeal to you, but not the average buyer
- Hide clutter and personal toiletries such as toothbrushes, makeup, and grooming tools under the sink or in cabinets. Clean countertops are best.
- Set the dining table.
- Add life with potted plants, large and small, starting from the outside of the home and continuing to the interior.
Taking a little extra time upfront to get your home exactly how buyers want it and then encouraging some healthy competition can result in several simultaneous — and lucrative — offers. And remember, when you’re ready to sell, Reali (especially our Concierge service) is here to get you the most for your home without the headaches, hassles, and hidden fees.
The Bottom Line
About The Author
Portia Green is a highly experienced full-time REALTOR® specializing in the representation of Sellers, heralded by her clients as data-driven and an effective negotiator. Producing $25M total in residential sales volume, Portia's goal is to help her clients achieve the best results when selling their homes and to make their experience an enjoyable one. She has successfully sold real estate since 2008 and has gained an in-depth knowledge of local real estate markets & seasonal trends. Portia has achieved a 100% customer satisfaction rating and wants to share her expertise & personal service with you in the sale of your home. When listing your home with Portia Green and Compass, you'll receive the hands-on service you need and desire. Portia will help you manage the entire process of selling your home from pricing, preparing and staging the house, to marketing, negotiating offers, inspections, all the way to closing. She will recommend skilled vendors for any job needed, personally host Open Houses, and ensure that all showings are accompanied. At Compass, Portia offers a wise no-nonsense way to sell your home for the best price and the least hassle. With a keen eye for staging & preparing listings to maximize Buyer appeal, all of Portia Green's listings are professionally photographed using HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography to provide the highest quality photos in the industry. Professionally printed marketing materials are prepared for all Open Houses. We also capture a 3D scan of your home that creates an interactive walkthrough online along with a custom-designed floor plan and targeted digital marketing campaigns on Google & the most popular social media channels. Compass participates in the Multiple Listing Service, which is the local real estate database of homes listed for sale that all REALTORS® use in helping their Buyers find houses. Your home will appear on every real estate website, in its best light, making a stunning camera-ready debut. Portia Green's home valuation expertise and extensive experience in comparative market analysis will help price your home accurately. She has refined her skills to help you pinpoint which features of your home will result in more showings and better results. Her mantra is for you to be ready to sell your home and feel good about that first. Portia knows that home inspectors always find a problem; that drones take some of the best photos in town; and that her eyebrows will grow to the floor in the time it takes her to read everything that's happening with your HOA, but that doesn't mean she won't do it anyway. Eyebrows be damned. You'll always need a place to unplug, connect, dream, grow, or just be yourself. That makes what Portia does even more meaningful. She’s ready to go the extra mile to help you find just the place. Whether you're selling your very first home, offloading an investment property, or want a vacation getaway with passive income, she is attentive to the details of every home sale. Portia helps busy people navigate this crazy real estate market like a pro, so don't be shy. Every great relationship starts with free advice and a friendly chat. Ask as many questions as you need to. Selling houses is her jam! www.portia.realtor
• The Best Time to Sell a House in San Diego •…
• Deck the Halls, But Don't Go Overboard • If you are…
• Reali App Expands with Innovative PricePredictor™ Tool • Today we are…